Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday 1/12/2011

Hello from London!

If it wasn't for that two hour nap I just had, I would have been up for 26 hours straight.  But alas, we are in London.  After a four hour car ride from Oneonta to NJ and a 5 hour and 49 minute plane ride from Newark NJ to England, we arrived in London at 6:40 this morning.  We traveled more than 3600 miles to get here at heights of 35000 feet! It was pouring rain when we pulled in to the airport on the plane but by the time we got through immigration, got our luggage, made a pit stop at the loo and got through customs, it stopped raining! (Around 8:15am) This was a very good surprise for us.  Our first day in London, the rainy capital of England, and it actually was not raining! We will see how the weather holds up for us tomorrow though. So after we got out of the airport, we took a bus to our hotel which was about 45 minutes away. (Called the Presidents Hotel) But of course, our rooms were not ready for us. So we left our luggage there and we went out to shop, have breakfast and check out the new surroundings that we will get to know very well throughout our 9 day stay here.  Because I was so eager to spend British money (pounds) I bought a pair of jeans and some new shoes! My sister Amanda would be proud of me. After our little gallivant we came back to the hotel and we got our room keys, an internet chord (that you had to put a 5 pound deposit on to get) that is literally a foot long and cannot stretch anywhere in the room, and got ready to take a nap. 
I have no blog worthy pictures yet, but when I do I will definitely upload them! :)
Tomorrow will be a busy day and will be a wonderful opportunity to use my camera!
Until then, I’m outta here!


Question of the Day: How does it feel to be in a foreign country?
I love to experience new cultures and ways of living so being in another country is an amazing feeling.  I like how I can see how others live without completely incorporating myself into their lives but just watching it from the side lines.  It’s interesting to compare their cultures to our own too.  For example, we do not have afternoon tea, Britain does.  I can’t wait to emerge myself a little deeper each day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment